Erin Luke > Thompson Hine LLP > Cleveland, United States > Lawyer Profile
Thompson Hine LLP Offices
3900 KEY CENTER, 127 PUBLIC SQUARE
CLEVELAND, OH 44114-1291
- Go to...
Erin Luke is a partner in the firm’s top-ranked Construction practice group. She counsels clients on all aspects of project planning, development and execution. Her experience includes representing owners, developers, contractors and design firms on large-scale domestic and international projects in a broad range of industry sectors including hotel and resort developments, convention centers and facilities, sports stadia and entertainment complexes, casino and gaming developments, energy and infrastructure projects, P3 and public construction, hospital and school developments, and other high profile community impact projects.
Erin provides a full-service approach to client service, offering front-end transactional advice as well as claims management and resolution assistance. Her experience includes project delivery and structuring advice, contract negotiating and drafting, insurance and risk management counseling, and general project management advice. She has also litigated, arbitrated, mediated and settled a variety of claims and disputes and is licensed in multiple jurisdictions to serve a broad range of client needs.
Erin works collaboratively with all parties to achieve the right framework for project success and expertly manages risks for her clients. Her dual transactions and disputes background provides a unique mix of insight and perspective to clients seeking to manage and mitigate project risks at the contracting phase and beyond.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Westminster College, B.A., 2005, summa cum laude
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Praised for its ‘responsiveness, reliability and creativity‘, Thompson Hine LLP‘s Cleveland-based construction team covers projects across the US, assisting clients through all phases of development, from initial planning and site selection to final construction and subsequent renovation work. Recent and ongoing projects have demonstrated the range of expertise in the practice, with highlights covering government buildings, chemical plants and manufacturing facilities, though a particular area of expertise is in sports and entertainment arenas. Here, practice head Jeffrey Applebaum has continued to advise the ownership group of a new 22,000-seat soccer stadium in St Louis, and has also acted alongside Alan Ritchie in advising Haslam Sports Group on the Confluence Village development that includes a soccer stadium and training facilities. Patrick Sweeney has been involved in preparing and negotiating agreements on behalf of owners, contractors, architects and engineers. Another key contact is Erin Luke, recommended for her ‘practical and strategic intelligence‘ and experience in large infrastructure projects. On the litigation side, Daniel Haymond has 25 years’ experience handling construction arbitration and mediation. Jack Clark is a standout associate in the team.
- Next Generation Partners - United States > Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Construction (including construction litigation) - United States > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Government > Government contracts
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: rail and road - litigation and regulation
- Industry focus > Transport: shipping - litigation and regulation
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Investment fund formation and management > Mutual/registered/exchange-traded funds
- Real estate > Real estate
- Industry focus > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense