Mr Alfredo Kupfer-Dominguez > Sánchez Devanny > Mexico City, Mexico > Lawyer Profile
Sánchez Devanny Offices
PASEO DE LAS PALMAS 525, PISO 6
COL. LOMAS DE CHAPULTEPEC
CIUDAD DE MÉXICO 11000
- Go to...
Mr Alfredo Kupfer-Dominguez
Labor, Immigration and Social Security.
Alfredo is co-head of the firm’s Labor, Social Security and Immigration practice group. He advises local and foreign clients in complex labor and employment matters, including union negotiations, planning for new and existing investments in efficient labor structures, executive transfers and terminations, social security and data privacy matters, formation and implementation of pension plans, equity compensation programs, and flexible benefit plans. Alfredo also advises clients on labor matters in mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and privatizations and has developed successful labor relations strategies. He has assisted clients in the preparation of all kinds of contracts and documents in labor matters. Before joining Sánchez Devanny, he was partner at an international law firm. He is fluent in English and Spanish. Alfredo was named as “The National Expert” for his participation in the article Corporate Immigration 2018 included in the edition Getting the Deal Through 2017 and as “Exclusive Contributor” for his collaboration in the “The Legal 500: Employment Country Comparative Guide”. From 2013 to 2018 Alfredo was the manager partner in the firm´s Mexico City office.
- President of the Human Capital and Labor Matters Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce and spokesman on labor and data privacy matters.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the International Labor and Social Security Corporation.
- Member of the International Bar Association, Employment and Industrial Relations Law Committee, and of its Global Employment Institute.
- Member of the National Association of Corporate Lawyers.
- Member of the Mexican Bar Association.
- Ranked by Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal, and Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA) as one of Mexico´s leading labor lawyers.
- Masters in Law (LL.M.). New York University, New York City, N.Y., USA (2002).
- Special Studies in the European Community Legal System. Sydney Sussex College, Cambridge (1999).
- Postgraduate studies in Labor Law and Amparo proceedings. Universidad Panamericana, México, D.F., México (1997).
- Law Degree. Universidad Iberoamericana, México, D.F., México (1996).
Clients appreciate the ‘excellent personalized service’ and ‘full understanding of both the needs of the company and the Mexican market’ provided by Sánchez Devanny‘s labour and employment department. The 18-strong team, regularly advises clients -particularly from the energy and automotive sectors- on labour, immigration and social security matters. It is co-led by Alfredo Kupfer-Dominguez in Mexico City, a recognized market expert and ‘opinion leader on the subject’; and Monterrey-based David Puente-Tostado. Recent matters include undertaking an analysis of the labour (and tax) legal effects of Enel’s buisness structure, including over 40 legal entities in Mexico, in order to comply with new labour subcontracting requirements. Key support comes from senior associate Fermin Lecumberri-Cano (labour advisory and litigation), and associate María Fernanda Castellanos, who also has labour litigation experience.