Mr Joshua Henderson > Seyfarth Shaw LLP > San Francisco, United States > Lawyer Profile
Seyfarth Shaw LLP Offices
560 MISSION STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94105-2930
- Go to...
Mr Joshua Henderson
Labor Management Relations (Vice Chair); OSHA Compliance, Enforcement and Litigation; Complex Discrimination Litigation; Wage and Hour Litigation; Employment Litigation
Joshua Henderson represents management in various industries in a broad range of labor and employment litigation and counseling. He is the national Vice Chair of the Firm’s Labor Management Relations Practice Group. His traditional labor law practice includes unfair labor practice litigation before the NLRB, collective bargaining, grievance and arbitrations, strikes and secondary boycotts, and Section 301 litigation. Through his occupational safety and health practice, Josh has counseled clients on compliance with workplace safety regulations, and has defended employers in administrative litigation before OSHA and Cal/OSHA. His practice also encompasses other complex employment litigation matters, including wage and hour class and collective actions, EEOC systemic litigation, and defense of retaliation, discrimination, and harassment claims.
Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Josh is a former judicial law clerk for the Honorable Saundra Brown Armstrong, United States District Court for the Northern District of California.
JD, The George Washington University Law School (1996); BA, University of Notre Dame (1993)
Josh is a classically trained baritone, and has performed as a professional singer with the San Francisco Symphony Chorus and the Philharmonia Baroque Chorale, among other engagements. He is a husband and father of three, and enjoys time with his family.
Seyfarth Shaw LLP‘s traditional labor practice is experienced in representing clients in unfair labor practice charges as well as proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board and in labor arbitrations. The team also handles collective bargaining, union organizing campaigns and strikes, and it has companies from various industries, such as health care, sports, construction, hospitality, transportation, manufacturing and media, on its client roster. In Chicago, Bradford Livingston is an expert in collective bargaining negotiations, while Brian Stolzenbach specialises in developing strategies. Together with the San Francisco-based Joshua Henderson they lead the practice. Arthur Telegen in Boston and Stuart Newman in Atlanta are highlighted for their longstanding activity in labor management relations. Other noted practitioners are New York’s Marshall Babson and Howard Wexler, Kyllan Kershaw in Atlanta, Robert Fisher and associate Skelly Harper in Boston, as well as newly promoted partner Karla Sanchez in Chicago. Bryan O’Keefe strengthened the Washington DC office after joining from Kirkland & Ellis LLP in February 2019. Joseph Damato is also recommended in the same office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Construction (including construction litigation)
- Labor and employment > Immigration
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Intellectual property > Trade secrets (litigation and non-contentious matters)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Labor and employment > ERISA litigation
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Dispute resolution > E-discovery
- Government > Government contracts
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Healthcare: advice to service providers
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious