Mr John Hoyns > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Mr John Hoyns
Corporate, Aviation, Equipment Finance, Securities, International, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances, Mergers & Acquisitions.
Co-Chair, Corporate Department; Chair, Aviation Practice; and Chair, Equipment Finance Group. Practice includes debt and lease financings, public and private offerings, cross-border transactions, recapitalizations and workout transactions.
Partner at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP since 1986.
Member, American Bar Association; Member, Bar of the City of New York.
Colgate University, A.B., 1976 (cum laude) University of Michigan, J.D., 1979 (magna cum laude) Law Review: University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform.
United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance(Hall of Fame)
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP houses experts in both asset-backed security deals and enhanced equipment trust certificate transactions. Co-chairing the aviation finance group are Steven Chung in Washington DC, who specializes in aircraft and other structured equipment financings; and senior counsel John Hoyns, who has longstanding aviation industry experience. In the Miami office, Mark Denham‘s expertise includes aircraft leases and loans, pre-delivery payment financings, warehouse facilities and securitizations. Also integral to the group are aviation finance experts Andrew Fowler and Terry Sanders, along with commercial aircraft finance-focused senior associates Sean Murphy Murphy and DC-based Cynthia Liu. In 2021, aviation finance specialist Thomas Healey joined the DC office from Katten. All named attorneys are based in New York, unless otherwise stated.
- Hall of Fame - United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Transport: aviation and air travel - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- International Trade > International trade
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense