Mr John Hoyns > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr John Hoyns
Corporate, Aviation, Equipment Finance, Securities, International, Joint Ventures & Other Strategic Alliances, Mergers & Acquisitions.
Co-Chair, Corporate Department; Chair, Aviation Practice; and Chair, Equipment Finance Group. Practice includes debt and lease financings, public and private offerings, cross-border transactions, recapitalizations and workout transactions.
Partner at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP since 1986.
Member, American Bar Association; Member, Bar of the City of New York.
Colgate University, A.B., 1976 (cum laude) University of Michigan, J.D., 1979 (magna cum laude) Law Review: University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP is consistently involved in all manner of aviation finance structures, including many first in-kind transactions, as well as several of the market’s largest ABS and EETC transactions. New York-based John Hoyns and Steven Chung in Washington DC co-chair the aviation practice, and are both recognized for their experience in complex aircraft and equipment financing transactions. In Miami, Mark Denham led advice to United Airlines on a $325m secured convertible financing for Latin American carrier Avianca Holdings. Andrew Fowler and Terry Sanders are additional key contacts in New York. Cynthia Liu in Washington DC and New York-based Sean Murphy are experienced senior associates.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Transport: aviation and air travel - finance - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism