Mr Matthew Syrkin > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr Matthew Syrkin
Media, Technology and Commercial Transactions
Matt provides strategic business counsel and commercial/corporate transactional support for clients in the technology, media, consulting and financial services, consumer retail, advertising, entertainment, health care, gaming and hospitality industries.
Partner and chair of Hughes Hubbard’s Media, Technology and Commercial Transactions Group.
University of California, Berkeley Law School, J.D., Boalt Hall Certificate in Law and Technology
Georgetown University, B.S., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Sigma Nu
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP operates at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and media and entertainment, evidenced by its recent involvement as lead counsel in the creation of ‘Sotheby’s Metaverse’. New York-based practice head Matthew Syrkin is an expert on technology-driven transactions dealing with the convergence of technology, media, entertainment, and financial services. Deputy co-chair of the firm and chair of the corporate department Kenneth Lefkowitz in New York is a specialist in complex corporate transactions in the sector, including M&A, takeovers, and going-private transactions. Together they handled Sotheby’s investment into the NFT development studio Mojito as well as the strategic partnership between the two companies which launched the auction house’s Metaverse.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- International Trade > International trade
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: consumer products (including tobacco)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense