Mr Matthew Syrkin > Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP Offices
ONE BATTERY PARK PLAZA
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10004-1482
- Go to...
Mr Matthew Syrkin
Media, Technology and Commercial Transactions
Matt provides strategic business counsel and commercial/corporate transactional support for clients in the technology, media, consulting and financial services, consumer retail, advertising, entertainment, health care, gaming and hospitality industries.
Partner and chair of Hughes Hubbard’s Media, Technology and Commercial Transactions Group.
University of California, Berkeley Law School, J.D., Boalt Hall Certificate in Law and Technology
Georgetown University, B.S., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Sigma Nu
Attracting praise for its ‘unflinching commitment to addressing client needs‘, Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP’s media, technology and commercial transactions practice has experience handling matters throughout the television, film, gaming, music and social media sectors. Matthew Syrkin, who ‘goes out of his way to support his clients‘, chairs the media, technology and commercial transactions group. Other recommended lawyers include deputy head of the firm Kenneth Lefkowitz, and ‘dedicated‘ associate Dena Smith, who brings ‘great value‘ to transactions. In recent work highlights, the group advised John Varvatos Enterprises in connection with a multifaceted creative collaboration and sponsorship arrangement with singer Nick Jonas; assisted Bumble in launching the professional networking platform Bumble Bizz; and acted for Madison Square Garden Company in its acquisition of live entertainment technology and production company Obscura Digital.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class actions: pharmaceuticals and medical devices - defense
- Industry focus > Transport: aviation and air travel - finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Tax > International tax
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense