Gregory Seltzer > Ballard Spahr LLP > Philadelphia, United States > Lawyer Profile
Ballard Spahr LLP Offices
1735 MARKET STREET, 51ST FLOOR
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103-7599
- Go to...
Gregory L. Seltzer is an experienced transactional attorney who utilizes and combines his knowledge of legal, accounting, and business principles to provide comprehensive, practical, and creative business law services. He holds an MBA, is a Certified Public Accountant (currently inactive), and previously worked as an auditor and tax consultant for Ernst & Young, LLP.
He concentrates his practice on public and private merger and acquisition transactions, including private equity and venture capital financing transactions, securities offerings, and spin-out transactions.
Greg is a Practice Leader of the firm’s Emerging Companies and Venture Capital Group. He represents entrepreneurs, startups and emerging companies in cutting-edge industries, including SaaS, virtual currency, biotech, mobile applications, and cloud-based technology, among others. He also represents venture capital firms, family office investors, and angel investors – allowing his practice to be informed by both perspectives. He co-founded and leads the firm’s widely recognized accelerator program: Ballard Academy for Student Entrepreneurs (BASE).
Philadelphia Youth Basketball, Inc.
The Mann Center for the Performing Arts
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (M.B.A., J.D. 2003, cum laude)
Member, Temple Law Review; Recipient, Benjamin Winderman award for scholastic achievement in Temple University’s J.D./M.B.A. program
Pennsylvania State University (B.S. 1998)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Ballard Spahr LLP is especially accomplished within the Arizona, Colorado, Maryland, Minnesota, Utah and Pennsylvania markets, fielding 80 attorneys across 12 national offices. In Philadelphia, Gregory Seltzer holds distinct expertise within the music, restaurant and sports sectors; meanwhile, Brian Doerner delivers an abundance of experience in M&A, restructuring, cross-border deal and corporate governance matters, particularly those within the technology, manufacturing and life sciences fields. Elsewhere, over in Minneapolis, Maggie Tatton serves as Doerner’s co-chair and is instructed for business transactions, joint ventures, carve-outs and roll-ups; she places particular emphasis on the food distribution, personal services, personal products and engineering sectors. The team caters to major corporates, start-ups and private equity clients alike and is also adept in the aerospace, gaming telecommunication, healthcare and energy industries.
- Leading lawyers - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m) - United States > M&A/corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Land use/zoning
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market (sub-$500m)
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): municipal
- Labor and employment > Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: design
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Fintech
- Labor and employment > Labor-management relations
- Dispute resolution > Product liability, mass tort and class action - defense: automotive/transport
- Real estate > Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Dispute resolution > Financial services litigation
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: litigation
- Real estate > Real estate
- Real estate > Real estate finance
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Financial services regulation
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Finance > Project finance