Miranda Cass > Bristows LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bristows LLP Offices
100 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT
- Go to...
Miranda is a corporate tax specialist with over 30 years’ experience.
Miranda advises clients from early stage tech and life sciences companies to multi-national corporations operating in the pharma, tech and consumer products industries on the whole gamut of tax issues that they face in carrying on their businesses.
Specialist areas include advising businesses, both UK-based and overseas, on the structure and negotiation of M&A deals and other forms of corporate/commercial transaction such as joint ventures, financings, capital raisings, reorganisations, real estate deals and IT and IP contracts/licensing arrangements.
Advising on employee tax issues, share incentives, investment reliefs for growing companies, VAT and the taxation of innovation also forms a significant part of her practice.
Miranda advises on the full range of tax issues affecting clients in the charities and not-for-profit sector, and, in recent years, negotiating with, and litigating against, HMRC has also become a feature of her work.
Qualified in 1990
Joined Bristows 1995
Partner since 1998
French, some German
Charity Law Association
Charity Tax Group; The Law Society
The International Fiscal Association
Perse School for Girls, Cambridge
Jesus College, Cambridge (1986 BA Hons Law; 1990 MA)
Family, tennis, theatre, The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, The Hurlingham Club, Trustee of the Royal Theatrical Support Trust
Bristows LLP‘s group has expertise in tax issues arising from the structuring of corporate, commercial and real estate transactions. It is particularly active in the technology, life sciences, media and luxury brands sectors. Practice head Miranda Cass works with senior associate and real estate tax expert Julia Cockroft.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Industry focus > TMT
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax