Julia Cockroft > Bristows LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bristows LLP Offices
100 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT
- Go to...
Tax, Corporate and tax
Senior Associate in the tax team, Julia has over eight years’ experience advising on a range of property and corporate tax matters. Having passed the Chartered Tax Advisor exams in 2012, Julia is now an active member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation and sits on the CIoTs New Tax Professionals Committee.
Julia has advised UK and overseas corporates, pension funds, real estate investment trusts, sovereign wealth funds and partnerships on a varied range of tax issues. Specialist areas include advising on M&A deals and other corporate/commercial transactions, often with a cross-border element. Real estate transaction taxes form a significant part of her practice and in this field Julia has advised institutional landlords, tenants and property developers on SDLT, the construction industry scheme, direct taxes and VAT (including work on student accommodation and residential developments).
Julia also frequently acts for entrepreneurs and start-ups and has developed a particular specialism in SEIS and EIS qualifying fundraisings. Julia also provides advice on employee incentives and tax efficient exits in the SME sector.
LLB hons (law) University of Nottingham
LPC, Nottingham Law School
CTA Chartered Institute of Taxation
Bristows LLP‘s group has expertise in tax issues arising from the structuring of corporate, commercial and real estate transactions. It is particularly active in the technology, life sciences, media and luxury brands sectors. Practice head Miranda Cass works with senior associate and real estate tax expert Julia Cockroft.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Industry focus > TMT
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax