Mr Paul Dight > Addleshaw Goddard > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Addleshaw Goddard Offices
3 SOVEREIGN SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Paul Dight
Infrastructure projects and energy.
Paul is an energy infrastructure and regulatory specialist with significant experience advising on the development and funding of large scale energy infrastructure and on regulation in the energy and utilities sectors. He advises a broad variety of clients across the sector including developers, investors, supply chain, funders, regulators and sponsors (including central and local government bodies) with clients including National Grid, Drax, Britvic, Siemens, Foresight, Equitix, NIBC, DZ Bank and John Laing Investments. He advises on commercial and regulatory matters within the electricity, gas, smart (including smart metering and battery storage) and renewables sectors advising across the technology spectrum and he is recommended in Legal 500 for work in renewables. He led the Addleshaw Goddard teams advising Biogen on three AD PPPs in the Welsh Food Waste Programme, he also advises John Laing on the acquisition and project financing of a number of wind farm projects, various funders and developers (Trina, Canadian Solar) on the development and financing of solar pv schemes, MAPs and energy suppliers on smart metering roll-outs and on CHP schemes for MediaCity, Network Rail, Citibank and Hub. Paul also advises clients including MCS, LCCC, Ofwat, and British Sugar.
Trained Hammonds Suddards Edge, qualified 2002. Partner Addleshaw Goddard 2014.
Portuguese, French and Spanish.
Dartford Grammar for Boys (1994); University of Leeds (1999, Law, French and Portuguese); Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
Addleshaw Goddard has a notable reputation in the PFI secondary market, with the infrastructure team benefiting from the strength of the firm’s national energy and transport departments, which are both led out of Leeds. The group handles matters across the renewables, utilities, rail, airport, electric vehicle and ports sectors. Richard Goodfellow heads up the national infrastructure, projects and energy group and is experienced in PPP matters, Paul Dight has expertise in projects and regulatory mandates, and Paul Hirst handles transport work, particularly in the rail sector.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
Addleshaw Goddard‘s practice counts ‘Big Six’ energy companies and high-profile corporates as key clients, which it advises on all issues across power, nuclear, renewables, oil and gas, water and energy litigation. Richard Goodfellow, Paul Dight and John Emerton jointly lead the team; Goodfellow specialises in downstream energy work, Dight handles energy infrastructure and regulation matters, and Emerton is an energy sector litigator. James Reynolds leads the nuclear team, David Shaw focuses on utilities work while managing associate Alex Clayton has experience in smart metering projects.
- Energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
- Infrastructure - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Planning