Richard Lee > Gowling WLG > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Gowling WLG Offices
- Go to...
Partner and head of Combined HR Solutions (CHRS) team, a team advising on the legal links between employment and pensions law, specialising in: Workplace Pension Reform; ALL ABOUT AGE; workplace consultation; flexible benefits and benefits beyond normal retirement age; absence management and ill-health benefits, pension scheme restructuring, workplace financial education/communication. Clients include: Cemex UK, Sanctuary HA, ASW/Superdrug, Next, Canon.
Trained Wragge & Co LLP; qualified 2000; launched Combined HR Solutions (CHRS) Team 2004; partner human resources group Wragge & Co LLP 2008; Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co, partner, 2014.
Spanish, German, French.
Association of Pension Lawyers; Employment Lawyers’ Association.
Handsworth Grammar School, Birmingham; Queen Mary & Westfield College, University of London (1989 LLB 2(1)); College of Law, York (1997 PG Dip LPC Distinction).
Carom, Aston Villa supporter, consumer of Spanish Food.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Gowling WLG enjoys a stellar reputation for its work on a broad range of issues, from scheme advisory and employer advisory work, through to to pensions risk transfers and pensions disputes. Richard Black has particular expertise in advising both corporates and trustees on the pensions aspects of major deals whereas Paul Carberry advises a broad mix of trustees and employers. Elizabeth Gane is primarily trustee focused and advises on complex funding issues, mergers and restructurings in addition to benefit changes. Christopher Stiles and Joanne Tibbott are also well-regarded, as is Richard Lee .
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation