Richard Black > Gowling WLG > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Gowling WLG Offices
- Go to...
Partner specialising in pensions law advice to employers and trustees.
Trained at Wragge & Co; qualified 1995; partner 2000; Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co, partner, 2014.
Association of Pension Lawyers (Midlands Region committee member); National Association of Pensions Funds.
King Edward VI Camp Hill, Birmingham; Sheffield University (1988 BA History Hons); College of Law, York.
Family, sport, music.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Gowling WLG enjoys a stellar reputation for its work on a broad range of issues, from scheme advisory and employer advisory work, through to to pensions risk transfers and pensions disputes. Richard Black has particular expertise in advising both corporates and trustees on the pensions aspects of major deals whereas Paul Carberry advises a broad mix of trustees and employers. Elizabeth Gane is primarily trustee focused and advises on complex funding issues, mergers and restructurings in addition to benefit changes. Christopher Stiles and Joanne Tibbott are also well-regarded, as is Richard Lee .
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation