Caroline Kean > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Caroline is a partner and head of the litigation group. She also leads the publishing team. Her expertise includes commercial litigation, with particular emphasis on defamation, privacy, confidence, copyright, trademarks, passing off and contractual disputes. Caroline is highly-regarded in the London media litigation market, with immense experience in resolving complex media disputes.
Articled Rubinstein Callingham; qualified 1985; assistant solicitor Rubinstein Callingham 1985-87; partner 1987; partner Olswang 1989-95; partner Wiggin & Co 1995.
She is legal advisor to Women in Journalism and a member of the Media Society.
Burford School; Newnham College, Cambridge; College of Law, Lancaster Gate.
Gardening, riding, rugby.
The team at Wiggin LLP ‘set the gold standard when it comes to media law’. Charles Moore and David Quli head up the film & television division, Paul Gardner the interactive entertainment team, Rachel Alexander and Alexander Ross jointly lead on music, and Ross together with Adrian Jones and Caroline Kean additionally co-heads the publishing department. For their extensive expertise pertaining to the television sector and large Hollywood productions respectively, Neil Gillard , Medwyn Jones , and Chris Hanson come recommended. Sarah MacDonald leads the firm’s advertising, marketing and sponsorship team and is a specialist on regulatory issues. Additionally noteworthy is Sean James ‘ practice focused on content exploitation via media platforms and Daniel Whybrew is another key name in film financing.
Wiggin LLP‘s commercial litigation team is well known for its media, technology, sports, and betting and gaming sector expertise. Consultant Caroline Kean is litigation head; Alan Owens is ‘outstanding‘; and Matthew Dando specialises in contentious commercial and media industry publication disputes.
Wiggin LLP‘s ‘top media defendant team’ provides a specialist service to some of the world’s biggest publishing houses and media production companies. Experienced litigator Caroline Kean heads up the practice and regularly undertakes complex cross-jurisdictional libel matters. Matthew Dando advises clients across the media, tech, and sports sectors, and provides trusted counsel to Associated Newspapers. Dual qualified in New York, senior associate Adelaide Scardino Lopez represents clients in defamation, data protection, and copyright disputes, while Elizabeth Wiggin has experience advising clients both pre-action and before the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Hall of Fame - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Media and entertainment (including media finance) - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Reputation management - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Commercial litigation: mid-market - London > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market