Ms Louise Cannell-Mirza > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Ms Louise Cannell-Mirza
Family and Matrimonial
Louise deals with all aspects of family law including divorce, finance and children disputes.
She has also advised in matters concerning international relocation of children, adoption, Child Support Agency and Child Maintenance Service issues and cohabitation disputes.
She also acts in public law care proceedings on behalf of parents, extended family members and children, through their CAFCASS Guardians.
Louise’s practice also extends to the public sector, providing advice and training in relation to safeguarding children. This includes advising a number of NHS Trusts and Academies.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Ward Hadaway LLP’s family department acts in myriad family matters including high value and complex divorce settlements, children law matters, including matters involving multi-jurisdictional elements. Jonathan Flower heads up the team in Newcastle alongside Louise Cannell-Mirza who was promoted to partner in May 2022. Next to litigating complex divorces, Jonathan has significant experience handling children matters involving abduction as well as care and adoption proceedings. Gemma Iceton is a key member of the matrimonial team. The group is developing expertise in the area of fertility law including surrogacy arrangements.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Family