Mr Jonathan Flower > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Jonathan Flower
Family and Matrimonial
Partner, Head of Family and Matrimonial
Jonathan is recognised for his experience in helping clients deal with all aspects of relationship breakdown. In cases involving children, he regularly acts on behalf of parents, children, family members and CAFCASS Guardians.
Jonathan has practised in the North East for over 20 years and is recognised as an experienced advocate.
He deals with high value and complex divorce settlements. Recent cases have involved media celebrities, sports stars, members of the legal profession as well as matters involving corporate assets, held here in the UK and abroad.
Jonathan has significant experience in dealing with cases involving children. These have involved child abduction, both domestic and international, as well as care and adoption proceedings, particularly where children have been injured or there are concerns in relation to fabricated or induced illness.
Jonathan’s practice extends to the public sector, where he regularly provides advice and training in relation to the safeguarding of children. In the health sector, this is focused upon the responsibilities of the NHS; in the education sector this is focused upon the responsibilities of academies.
Ward Hadaway LLP’s family department acts in myriad family matters including high value and complex divorce settlements, children law matters, including matters involving multi-jurisdictional elements. Jonathan Flower heads up the team in Newcastle alongside Louise Cannell-Mirza who was promoted to partner in May 2022. Next to litigating complex divorces, Jonathan has significant experience handling children matters involving abduction as well as care and adoption proceedings. Gemma Iceton is a key member of the matrimonial team. The group is developing expertise in the area of fertility law including surrogacy arrangements.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Family