Ms Manjari Tyagi > Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co > New Delhi, India > Lawyer Profile
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co Offices
216 OKHLA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, PHASE 3
NEW DELHI 110 020
- Go to...
Ms Manjari Tyagi
Ms. Manjari Tyagi is a Partner, specializing in the capital markets practice at the Firm. She has advised issuers, as well as merchant bankers on various Indian equity capital markets transactions (including IPOs, QIPs, block trades and offers for sale through the stock exchange mechanism), foreign listings (including ADR listings) and international high-yield bond transactions, FCCBs issuances, as well as buyback of shares by Indian listed companies.
Some significant deals Ms. Tyagi has advised on include the following:
- Represented the brokers in the USD 3.7 billion OFS by the Government of India in Coal India Limited in 2015, which is one of the largest equity trades in India until date.
- Acted as sole Indian counsel in connection with the listing by Videocon d2h Limited on the NASDAQ Global Market. The Financial Times Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers Report 2015 recognises Ms. Tyagi as “Highly Commended” for her involvement on this transaction.
- Advised the lead managers on the buyback of shares by Infosys Limited, which was amongst the largest buybacks in India.
- Represented Amira Nature Foods Limited, one of India’s leading rice processing companies on its U.S. IPO and listing on the NYSE.
She has been recognised as a Next Generation Lawyer for Capital Markets in India by The Legal 500, 2017 – 21
Ms. Tyagi’s other transactions include initial public offerings in India by Lemon Tree Hotels Limited, Eris Lifesciences Limited, Sembcorp Energy India Limited (ongoing), ReNew Power Limited (proposed), SH Kelkar & Company Limited (as counsel to Blackstone, a selling shareholder) and Aakash Educational Services Limited (ongoing); qualified institutions placements (QIP) by Apollo Tyres Limited and The Federal Bank Limited; institutional placement programme (IPP) by InterGlobe Aviation Limited (IndiGo) (the first IPP which included a secondary offering); international high-yield bond transaction by Marble II Pte. Ltd. (a Blackstone owned entity and the holding company of Mphasis Limited); buyback of shares by Infosys Limited (which was amongst the largest buybacks in India and has been awarded Equity Deal of the Year at the Asian Legal Business (ALB) India Law Awards 2019), as well as several large block/bulk trades.
Between November 2015 and March 2016, Manjari was on secondment with JP Morgan (in Mumbai, India), where she worked on IPOs by Interglobe Aviation Limited (IndiGo Airlines), Alkem Laboratories Limited, Narayana Hrudalaya Limited and Quick Heal Technologies Limited.
Bar Council of Delhi
BA LLB. (Hons.) from the National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co‘s capital markets team remains a market leader, and has a track record of advising major clients on big-ticket debt and equity matters, including IPOs, QIPs, FCCBs, and listings of InvITs and REITs. National group head Prashant Gupta advises issuers and underwriters on large transactional mandates; he is supported by key partners Nikhil Naredi, who advises investment banks on equity offerings, Shubhangi Garg, who has expertise in financing and regulatory matters, and Manjari Tyagi. The team also advises on cross-border IPOs, foreign currency bonds, and restructuring matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution: arbitration
- Dispute resolution: litigation
- Private client
- Projects and energy
- Real estate and construction
- Restructuring and insolvency
- White-collar crime