Mrs Judith Pike > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mrs Judith Pike
Judith joined from City firm Allen & Overy and is one of two lawyers recommended in Band 1 of Chambers Guide for Real Estate work in the Yorkshire region. She is a partner in the Real Estate Group specialising in real estate work for clients involved in the energy, renewables and waste sectors. She is an active member of the firm’s Renewables, Energy & Resources Group and chairs the firm’s Green Real Estate Group. Her experience covers most aspects of the energy, renewables and waste markets including mines and minerals, gas and electricity generation, anaerobic digestion, energy from waste, and wind and solar projects. She also has significant experience of funding matters in particular development transactions and projects.
Described by Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession as “thorough and focussed” and “making the work appear so refreshingly simple from the client’s side”, Judith enjoys making the land fit the deal and developing innovative project-based solutions.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
Walker Morris LLP fields a cross-disciplinary team of experts across real estate, construction and planning to handle infrastructure projects, particularly in the waste and bioresources sectors. Overseen by Ben Sheppard, who is the contact for waste and energy-from-waste projects, the core group comprises construction expert Jules Harbage, and Judith Pike, who is noted for real estate transactions. The team also receives a steady stream of mandates across housing and wind farm financing projects. On the litigation side, Gwendoline Davies focuses on energy-related disputes, acting for large businesses.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire(Leading individuals)
Walker Morris LLP‘s team has ‘a diverse range of skills’ in real estate transactions and property financings. The ‘highly responsive and pragmatic’ Jeremy Moore is sought after by national blue-chip corporates on landmark transactions; his recent work included advising the administrators of Debenhams on the real estate aspects of its administration. Austin Judson acts for property investors, developers, retailers and high street banks on real estate portfolio matters. Also recommended are Judith Pike, who acts for clients in the energy and utilities sector, as well as Will Cousins and director Adam Reed. George Bacon recently joined from Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP, where he led the Leeds real estate team.
- Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Leading individuals - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Infrastructure and energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property