Mr Jules Harbage > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Jules Harbage
Construction & Engineering
Jules is recognised for his expertise on contracts and disputes for both public and private sector clients. He is particularly skilled in drafting and negotiating building contracts, particularly the JCT and NEC forms for a wide range of projects, from a basement swimming pool for a luxury house in London, to new leisure facilities for a Council. Jules also advises on all forms of dispute resolution, including adjudication, litigation, arbitration, expert determination and mediation. He acts for developers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants and funders.
Jules has developed particular experience in the energy sector, and is part of the Renewables, Energy & Resources Group. He has drafted and negotiated EPC and EPCM contracts, and is familiar with both FIDIC and IChemE forms of contract.
In Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession Jules is noted as being “extremely thorough, knowledgeable and approachable with a very good and deep understanding of construction law.”
Walker Morris LLP ‘has a first-class construction practice, which holds its own against any city-based or nationwide firm’. Paul Hargreaves is a ‘force of nature’ when advising leaseholder groups on claims arising out of defective premises, while practice leader Tom Peel and Daniel Lyon advise clients across the retail, office and student accommodation sectors on development work and contentious matters. Jules Harbage focuses on energy and infrastructure projects and Carly Thorpe ‘devises great strategies’ when pursuing and defending adjudication enforcement claims. Other key members of the team include ‘tactical genius’ Martin Scott, directors Alastair Robertson and Hayley Hayes.
Areas of expertise for Walker Morris LLP are advising schools and colleges on academy conversions and also construction matters; the group is increasingly working for universities and also assists councils, funders, education institutions and suppliers. The practice’s work spans a wide range of mandates, covering topics such as general commercial issues, governance work, state aid matters, employment and pensions mandates, real estate transactions, regulatory work and litigation. David Smedley has knowledge of employment law, admissions and exclusion issues and acts in judicial reviews, while Jules Harbage is well versed in construction and building matters; the pair jointly lead the team.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
Walker Morris LLP has demonstrable experience in the waste and bioresources sectors and advises its roster of clients on energy from waste, anaerobic digestion and biogas projects. The ‘commercially astute’ team frequently leverages the expertise of other departments within the firm to provide multidisciplinary advice on infrastructure and energy mandates. Ben Sheppard, who is a key contact for energy from waste, renewables and low carbon energy matters, jointly leads the practice alongside real estate partner Judith Pike. Litigator Gwendoline Davies and construction expert Jules Harbage are also key members of the team.
- Construction - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Education - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Infrastructure and energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property