Mr Jules Harbage > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Jules Harbage
Construction & Engineering
Jules is recognised for his expertise on contracts and disputes for both public and private sector clients. He is particularly skilled in drafting and negotiating building contracts, particularly the JCT and NEC forms for a wide range of projects, from a basement swimming pool for a luxury house in London, to new leisure facilities for a Council. Jules also advises on all forms of dispute resolution, including adjudication, litigation, arbitration, expert determination and mediation. He acts for developers, contractors, subcontractors, consultants and funders.
Jules has developed particular experience in the energy sector, and is part of the Renewables, Energy & Resources Group. He has drafted and negotiated EPC and EPCM contracts, and is familiar with both FIDIC and IChemE forms of contract.
In Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession Jules is noted as being “extremely thorough, knowledgeable and approachable with a very good and deep understanding of construction law.”
David Smedley and Jules Harbage head the education group at Walker Morris LLP. The firm offers a full range of legal services to education institutions, covering corporate and commercial, governance, state aid, employment, pensions and real estate matters, advising on disputes, campus redevelopments and refurbishments and energy and energy efficiency contracts. The firm also handles academy conversions and construction advice, and is also increasing its focus on university work, acting for Leeds Arts University and Leeds Beckett University.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
Walker Morris LLP draws expertise from its real estate, projects, construction and finance departments to handle national, low-carbon infrastructure projects for public and private clients. Practice head Ben Sheppard has extensive experience advising on waste and energy-from-waste projects, while Jules Harbage recently assisted with the engineering contracts for energy and gas storage projects. Gwendoline Davies focuses on energy litigation, notably acting for renewable energy providers in damages claims. The team also advises on rail and housing projects. Judith Pike is also a key name to note.
Walker Morris LLP advises developers, corporates and local authorities on a diverse range of projects including student housing, healthcare and education projects, and residential and commercial developments. The team provides partner-led advice on contentious and non-contentious matters. Litigator Martin Scott heads up the ‘first-class’ team and acts in professional negligence and defective premises cases, while Tom Peel acts for developers and corporates in high-value contentious proceedings and advises on building developments. Jules Harbage is noted for his energy infrastructure and engineering expertise, and director Carly Thorpe specialises in drafting standard and bespoke documents and representing clients in enforcement proceedings.
- Construction - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Education - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Infrastructure and energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property