Mr Oliver Duke > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Oliver Duke
Oliver is a partner in the corporate group and his practice focuses on private equity investments and cross border M&A. He works with a range of clients from SMEs to multi-jurisdictional international companies, many of which are headquartered outside of the UK.
Oliver has been described by clients as being able to “quickly get under the skin of the deal” and as a “must have on a transaction”. He has recently advised:
- US headquartered Fastener Distributions on its acquisition of Aerospheres Group;
- US headquartered HelpSystems Group on its acquisition of Clearswift from Ruag Holdings;
- Swedish headquartered Lifco AB on its cross border acquisitions of UK Point of Sale Group and Brian James Trailers, and the associated equity documentation for both transactions;
- UK headquartered Servelec Group on the carve out and sale of Servelec Technologies to the San Francisco-based private equity firm FFL Partners.
Oliver is an active member of the IBA (International Bar Association) and ACG (Association for Corporate Growth) and sits on Walker Morris’ International Committee.
“Our success is intrinsically linked to the success of our clients. This means that we are constantly driven to achieve great results and it is very satisfying to help our clients reach their goals.”
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Walker Morris LLP impresses with a strong track record in cross-border matters, as well as in transactions related to the private equity and ECM space. Clients are often active in the food and drink, manufacturing and technology sectors. The practice is overseen by John Hamer who handles public and private takeovers and acquisitions, and also includes Debbie Jackson; she is a key contact for a variety of funds. Richard Naish is well versed in advising public companies as well as food & drink sector clients. Daniel O’Gorman and Oliver Duke are noted for their experience in cross-border M&A and UK ECM transactions. Jo Stephenson has a focus on healthcare clients.
- Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property