- Private company: Advising the employer on a series of Anaerobic Digestate plants (contracts for CHP and biogas upgrade units).
- Contractor: Acting for a contractor in a multi-million pound dispute in the Technology and Construction Court (non-payment for work).
- Private company: Advising an employer on a 10.3 MW biomass power project.
- M&E subcontractor: Acting for an M&E subcontractor in multi-million pound dispute involving a district heating system.
Patrick Blake > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Construction & Infrastructure.
Partner and Head of the Construction & Infrastructure Team.
Patrick has specialised in construction law since 2002 and is widely experienced in the successful resolution of construction and engineering disputes by way of negotiation, arbitration, adjudication, mediation and litigation in the TCC and Court of Appeal.
Patrick also has extensive experience of advising on and negotiating the contractual documentation on a range of development, construction and engineering projects across commercial, residential, health, educational, recreational and energy sectors. In both his non contentious and dispute resolution practices, he has acted for local authorities, RSLs and other public bodies, developers and banks as well as contractors and sub-contractors. He therefore has a wide appreciation and understanding of issues that frequently arise on construction projects and disputes from the viewpoints of all parties typically involved.
Providing ‘the upmost professional level of service’, Ashfords LLP construction and infrastructure practice is well regarded in the market for both its non-contentious and dispute offering. Often acting for local authorities, the firm is increasingly involved in matters pertaining to modern methods of construction and off-site manufacturing. Dispute resolution specialist Patrick Blake leads the team, which is located in offices across Exeter and Bristol. Accredited adjudicator Stephen Homer and waste and utilities expert Mark Manning are further key contacts. With the arrival of Carl Thompson, who joined the team in January 2022 from Osborne Clarke LLP and is noted for his ‘fantastic ownership mentality’, the practice has bolstered its strengths in the energy and utilities sector, particularly in relation to renewable energy projects. The expertise of senior associate Laura Reeve ranges from commercial, residential and retail sectors to local government as well as energy and waste.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence