Anusheh Burcher > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Senior Associate in the Commercial Litigation team
Anusheh is a Senior Associate in the Commercial Litigation Team.
Anusheh advises a broad range of commercial clients ranging from sole traders to multi-national corporations across numerous sectors. Anusheh is experienced in all types of commercial dispute including contractual disputes, partnership and shareholder disputes and professional negligence claims.
Prior to joining Ashfords Anusheh lead a regional commercial litigation team based across Somerset and Dorset. Anusheh started her career at a national law firm where she spent the first 6 years post qualification dealing with high value complex litigation.
Anusheh has been recognised as a ‘Rising Star’ in her field for the last 3 years in the Legal 500 directories. She is described as a “superb litigator” and “a real rising star and one to watch”.
- Director and minority shareholders: Representing a class of shareholders (one of whom was also a non-executive director) in a misrepresentation claim against the Company in order to recover their investment following the discovery of total lack of corporate governance and numerous misstatements which had been made in order to induce investment. Value approx. £500k.
- Company: Representing company in a dispute with the administrators of a global airline regarding the validity of a security arrangement agreed prior to the administration of the airline. Value approx £300k.
- Company and shareholder: Representing company and shareholder in relation to a dispute with the estate of a former shareholder, regarding the mechanism for valuing shareholding on transfer. Value approx £1m.
- Company and shareholders: Representing company and shareholders in defending a claim brought by minority shareholders and former directors, including dealing with allegations of tax avoidance and misfeasance. Value approx £3m.
- Company: Advising on professional negligence action against former company accountants for numerous failings resulting in significant interest and penalties becoming payable to HMRC.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
According to clients, ‘reassurance, promptness and clarity are the main traits’ associated with Ashfords LLP, which is a key name in the market for shareholder and corporate disputes and professional negligence claims, where the team regularly acts for financial institutions. The Exeter-based practice is also developing its expertise in defamation and reputation management work and contractual disputes. Rory Mac Neice heads up the regional department from Bristol, and Andrew Perkins is the go-to name in Exeter; Perkins is particularly adept in shareholder litigation. Senior associate Anusheh Burcher is also singled out for energy sector claims.
- Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - South West > Dispute resolution
- Rising stars - South West > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence