Andrew Perkins > Ashfords LLP > Exeter, England > Lawyer Profile
Ashfords LLP Offices
- Go to...
Andrew is a Partner in the Commercial Litigation Team, within the Dispute Resolution department.
Andrew advises and represents companies; shareholders (minority, majority and class); directors; private equity, VC and other funders; and trustees in shareholder litigation and disputes relating to commercial contracts particularly business and share sale, finance, joint ventures and franchising.
He regularly advises directors in relation to statutory and fiduciary duties.
Andrew has advised in relation to a wide range injunction applications including experience of seeking and opposing freezing orders and search orders and with particular expertise in relation to the enforcement of restrictive covenants in commercial contracts.
He has been in practice since 1996 and has advised on more than 60 shareholder disputes involving entities ranging from small privately owned family ventures through to FTSE 250 companies.
Andrew has been recognised as a leading practitioner by both the Legal 500 and the Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession for a number of years and is praised for his “commerciality” and ability to find “practical solutions to client’s problems”.
He is also an accredited mediator.
- Directors and majority shareholder: Representing directors and majority shareholder of company holding high-level tech’ IP rights, following challenge by investor shareholder and allegations of breach of warranties contained in Investment and Shareholders Agreement, breach of director’s fiduciary duties and unfairly prejudicial conduct. Value approx. £10m.
- Minority shareholder: Representing minority shareholder in tech co, in relation to claims of unfair prejudice, seeking reconstruction of company accounts, recompense for unlawful dividends and purchase of interest at fair value. Value approximately £4.5m
- Company and shareholder: Representing company and shareholder in relation to attempts to set-aside a complicated demerger transaction and addressing allegations of breach of fiduciary duty.
- Minority shareholder: Advising minority shareholder in substantial Caribbean holiday resort including allegations of oppression and misfeasance, applications to alter share register and for search order. Value $110m.
- Private investor: Representing private investor with control rights, following default by majority founder shareholders. Enforcing default provisions in Investment and Shareholders Agreement, negotiating board restructure and seeking to negotiate terms for sale of company. Value approximately £6m.
For corporate and contractual disputes, professional negligence claims and contentious reputation management work, Ashfords LLP‘s commercial litigation group is a popular choice among regional, national and international private and public sector clients. Practice head Andrew Perkins focuses on shareholder and contractual disputes, while Jason Squire has particular experience in farming and construction partnership disputes and medical professional negligence claims. The group also has an expanding data breach practice, for which associate Elizabeth Johnson is highlighted.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Transport > Shipping
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Private client > Family
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant