Ms Christina S C Kow > Shearn Delamore & Co > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Shearn Delamore & Co Offices
7th Floor Wisma Hamzah-Kwong Hing
No. 1 Leboh Ampang
- Go to...
Ms Christina S C Kow
- Financial Services (Head)
- Personal Data Protection & Privacy Laws
- Technology, Media & Telco
Partner since 2001
Christina provides strategic legal advice on foreign exchange policy, the regulation of financial institutions, the regulation of securities (including collective investment schemes, securities borrowing and lending, licensing of regulated activities) and the regulation of derivatives.
She has extensive documentation experience in banking and financing transactions that include financing from conventional banks for project financing and working capital purposes, treasury products, debt capital market offerings, Islamic financing (both domestic and cross border), structured finance products and investment products.
In the developing fintech and regtech space, Christina gives advice on structures involving financial services or capital markets including cryptocurrencies, electronic payments and electronic platforms.
- Member, Malaysian Bar
- Member, International Bar Association (IBA)
- Firm Representative, International Swaps and Derivatives Association Inc. (ISDA)
- LL.B, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Advocate & Solicitor, High Court of Malaya
• The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Fintech 2018 – Global Legal Group, 2018-2020 [co-author]
The financial services group at Shearn Delamore & Co is known for providing advice on Shariah-compliant transactions as well as assisting with template Islamic financing documents. Notably, it has consolidated a niche reputation in advising on the regulation of derivatives. Recommended personnel: Christina Kow and Pamela Kung.
Operating a niche practice that advises on the regulation of derivatives, the banking and finance team at Shearn Delamore & Co is led by Christina Kow. The team maintains a focus on regulatory matters governing securities, financial services and foreign exchange administration. Notably, it also has the ability to handle transactions such as Islamic, structured and project finance, areas complemented by its expertise in debt capital markets and the restructuring of defaulted facilities. Laksana Positif is a recent client win in a period which also saw it represent MIDF Amanah Investment Bank in relation to a substantive Islamic medium term notes issue.
- Banking and finance - Malaysia
- Hall of Fame - Malaysia > Banking and finance
- Islamic finance - Malaysia
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property
- Labour and employment
- Real estate and construction