Helen Wheddon > Stevens & Bolton LLP > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Stevens & Bolton LLP Offices
- Go to...
Real estate department/property litigation.
Partner specialising in all aspects of property-related disputes. Acting for a wide range of clients including large corporate occupiers, investors and developers, as well as individuals. Experience includes all areas of landlord and tenant work (including lease renewals, breach of covenant claims and dilapidations), contractual claims and development issues, as well as property-related insolvency claims and claims involving residential property and the Property Chamber. Examples of recent important matters have included: acting for an international industrial client on a complex rent review and very high-value contested lease renewal claim; successfully negotiating a substantial uplift of statuary compensation on an opposed lease renewal; advising on the enforcement of restrictive covenants and rights of way on a proposed development; and advising a large corporate on a substantial disrepair claim involving complex issues of supercession and valuation. Active clients include: Asquith Nurseries, Belgrave Land Ltd, Blackwell, Emirates, Kuoni, Linde Group/BOC, Papa John’s, Rentokil, Store Property Investments, TGI Fridays and The University of Surrey.
Rooks Rider: 2000 – 2007; qualified 2002; Stevens & Bolton LLP: 2007 to date; head of real estate disputes 2011; partner 2013.
Property Litigation Association.
St Bede’s School, Redhill; University of Manchester – English Law & French Law; Chester College of Law.
London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Franchising
Stevens & Bolton LLP’s franchising team sits within the firm’s corporate and commercial department and includes practitioners from the dispute resolution, real estate and banking and finance teams, among others. Nicola Broadhurst heads up the group and has notable expertise in international franchise expansions, master franchise agreements, area development agreements and international unit franchise agreements. The practice also handles franchise business establishments, international issues, franchise disputes, IP-related work, ethical franchising, e-commerce matters, network resales and property mandates. Sarah Murray and Andrew Quick are the key contacts for contentious work, Andrew Steele handles real estate matters and Helen Wheddon focuses on property disputes, and Tom Lingard is an expert in brand protection and enforcement issues.
South East > Real estate > Property litigation
The ‘very experienced‘ real estate dispute resolution team at Stevens & Bolton LLP ‘consistently provides excellent advice‘. It acts for clients across a wide range of industries, including retail, food and drink, travel and leisure, education and healthcare. The practice has had a notable increase in mandates from developers and real estate investors. Also notable is that, in 2018, the firm advised on a number of complex lease renewal claims. Helen Wheddon heads up the team, which includes Markus Klempa, who has particular expertise in devising vacant possession strategies.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Transport > Aviation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Human resources > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Human resources > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport