Dominic Murphy > Shoosmiths LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
2 COLMORE SQUARE
38 COLMORE CIRCUS QUEENSWAY
- Go to...
Intellectual Property, Partner
Dominic heads up the national Trade Mark practice. He has significant experience in a diverse range of industries including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, electronics, telecommunications, fashion, software, high street retailers and confectionery. He assists clients with the entire range of Trade Mark work, including pre-filing searching, filing strategies, filing UK, EU and International Trade Mark applications, oppositions, cancellations and invalidity actions. Dominic’s experience includes managing the world-wide Trade Mark portfolios of global electronics corporations, biotechnology firms, clothing retailers, financial software companies and confectionery retailers. This global portfolio management routinely spanned from urgent pre-filing searching, to world-wide Trade Mark filing strategies with tiered filing priorities and costs, to Trade Mark enforcement and oppositions, to budget forecasting and yearly management.
Dominic also has extensive experience in advising on and filing Designs in the UK, EU and Internationally around the world.
Shoosmiths LLP frequently advises consumer brands, including Volkswagen Group and Next, in relation to IP enforcement work. In addition, the team has also amassed a wealth of experience in patent and design infringement matters involving technology and life sciences clients. Andrew Brennan is known for handling complex contentious issues across various industries, including trade mark infringement claims and patent litigation. Victoria Bentley also has a wealth of experience in IP litigation, with a particular focus on the technology sector. Trade mark attorney Dominic Murphy is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family: Birmingham
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant