Elinor Sandbach > Shoosmiths LLP > BIRMINGHAM, England > Lawyer Profile
Shoosmiths LLP Offices
103 COLMORE ROW
- Go to...
Ellie has experience in all aspects of property and landlord and tenant litigation, acting for a wide range of clients including public and private companies, national retailers, banking clients, commercial developers and occupational landlords. In particular, Ellie has extensive experience in dealing with retail clients, both from landlord and tenant perspectives, including working closely with numerous retail banking and high street clients.
Ellie has dealt with a large range of matters, including business lease renewals (contentious and non-contentious), dilapidations disputes, service charge disputes, tenant insolvency, rights of way and easement disputes, break notices, rent arrears recovery, contractual interpretation issues and issues surrounding landlord’s consent. Ellie also specialises in agricultural law, being experienced in work governed by the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 and the Agricultural Tenancies Act 1995, including termination of tenancies, recovery of possession and compensation issues.
Ellie trained at The Wilkes Partnership in Birmingham before moving to Eversheds LLP upon qualification to join the Property Litigation Team. Ellie joined Shoosmiths in the Property Litigation team in January 2016.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The ‘highly experienced‘ and ‘commercially powerful‘ team at Shoosmiths LLP is particularly acclaimed among blue-chip corporates who rely on its capabilities in high-value contentious proceedings and full-scale strategic reviews. The department is jointly headed up by the ‘exceptional’ national chair Nick Shepherd, and ‘stand-out’ Midlands head Kate McCall , who regularly handle matters on behalf of major corporate landlords and investment funds. The highly experienced Paul Knight is noted for his expertise in automotive sector proceedings, while newly promoted (May 2021) partner Elinor Sandbach regularly works with landlords and tenants on the full gamut of retail sector disputes. Principal associate Richard Willcox is also recommended.
- Rising stars West Midlands > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation West Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Social housing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Pensions