Mr Yee Leong Chong > Allen & Gledhill LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Allen & Gledhill LLP Offices
ONE MARINA BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Yee Leong Chong
Construction & Engineering, International Arbitration, Litigation, Restructuring & Insolvency
Co-Head of the Firm’s International Arbitration Practice and Head of the Firm’s Restructuring & Insolvency Practice
With over 29 years of experience, Yee Leong is recognised as a leading international dispute resolution practitioner. In international arbitration, he specialises in energy, oil and gas, power and infrastructure projects in Singapore, and the region. Yee Leong has been involved in two ICC arbitrations arising from the termination of an agreement for the supply of a steel plant in Malaysia by an Italian steel plant supplier to a Malaysian steel manufacturer, with claims in excess of RM1 billion. For restructuring & insolvency, he was involved in the high-profile restructuring matter for Hyflux, involving complex issues of insolvency law, and a myriad of regulatory and technical issues.
Yee Leong was admitted to the Singapore Bar in 1990, Malaysian Bar in 1997 and as a solicitor of England and Wales in 2000. He is recognised as a Senior Accredited Specialist in Building and Construction Law with the Singapore Academy of Law.
Chartered Arbitrator and Fellow, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Singapore Institute of Arbitrators. Director, Singapore International Arbitration Centre. Jurisdictional Council Member for Singapore, Inter-Pacific Bar Association. Chairman of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, Law Society of Singapore.
Graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Financial services regulatory: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms