Ms Karen Tiah > Allen & Gledhill LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Allen & Gledhill LLP Offices
ONE MARINA BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Ms Karen Tiah
Financial Regulatory & Compliance
Karen specialises in regulatory issues affecting the financial services industry. She advises banks, insurers, brokers, fund managers, payment services providers and other financial institutions on various regulatory issues, and restructurings and products. Karen also assists in coordinating industry responses on the impact of changes to the various regulatory requirements.
Karen joined Allen & Gledhill in 2001, after being with the legal department of the Singapore Exchange for five years.
Karen graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree in 1993 and was called to the Singapore Bar in 1994. She also holds an LL.M. degree from the University of Cambridge, where she was in residence at Wolfson College in 1998/1999.
Graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree and holds an LL.M. degree from the University of Cambridge, where she was in residence at Wolfson College in 1998/1999.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Rated for its ‘depth of institutional knowledge of regulatory matters and strong relationship with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)‘, Allen & Gledhill LLP is seasoned in the full array of financial services laws and regulations. Its diverse client roster – which features leading domestic and international financial institutions – recurrently turns to the team for advice on the financial regulatory aspects of transactions, licensing issues and conduct of business requirements for banking, money lending, exchanges, trading platforms and commodity trading, to name a few. The practice often takes on an active role in consultation processes for new regulations and legislation in this space, and showcases further strength in contentious regulatory matters, compliance and investigations. Co-heads Francis Mok and Karen Tiah specialise in regulatory issues affecting the financial services industry. Commercial litigator Aaron Lee leads on investigations involving money-laundering, market misconduct and corporate governance. The firm is also recognised for its ‘ability to address a wide range of legal issues in the fintech space‘, ranging from venture capital investments, data protection, intellectual property and litigation. Highly regarded partner Adrian Ang, who possesses in-depth knowledge of financial regulatory matters, oversees fintech-related work with Alexander Yap, who is regularly retained by venture capitalists, emerging fintech companies, start-ups, blockchain firms and tech service providers.
- Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms - Singapore
- Leading individuals - Singapore > Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Start-up and venture capital – Local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- White-collar crime - Local firms