Robert Webb > Roythornes Solicitors > Spalding, England > Lawyer Profile
Roythornes Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Robert has worked at a senior level in Lincolnshire for many years, helping families to protect and preserve assets for future generations in a flexible, tax-efficient manner. He joined Roythornes as an associate in 2016 and was promoted to Partner in 2019.
Maintaining a broad private client caseload, much of his time is spent advising wealthy landowning and business clients on capital tax and succession planning. With significant experience in the preparation of wills, trusts and estate administration, he is able to take an holistic approach to planning, ensuring consideration is given to current and future aims and wishes, regularly working with existing family accountants and financial advisers.
Robert is increasingly working with multiple generations of the same family, advising on the use of family investment companies (FIC) in succession planning. In addition, Robert often acts in estates where there is a contentious element to the administration.
Recent work includes:
- advising trustees on the development of several sites held by individuals and trustees maximising growth of the trust assets, whilst maintaining tax-efficiency;
- advising a life tenant on the termination of their interest to accelerate assets to the next generation, in respect of a multi-million pound development site;
- advising a multi-generational farming family on the tax-efficient distribution of capital payments received from a significant option agreement;
- providing advice on the creation of FICs to a number of wealthy families;
- successful negotiation with HMRC on the application of Agricultural Property Relief on a farmhouse, resulting in a six-figure IHT saving;
- Providing advice in connection with Entrepreneurs’ Relief and undertaking appropriate re-structuring to allow a claim in the future;
- successfully representing and advising the beneficiaries of a partnership share on the incorrect description of assets within the will, resulting in interpretation in their favour leading to a six-figure saving for the remaining partners;
- dealing with the administration of a number of multi-million pound estates, including a significant proportion with agricultural assets and associated claims for relief.
Qualifications: FCILEx, LPC
The private client practice at Roythornes Solicitors specialises in complex and high-value estate administrations involving agricultural and business assets. Other key areas of focus include business successions, wills and Stamp Duty Land Tax advice. The firm demonstrates its expertise in agricultural work by being a member of Select Lincolnshire and the National Farmers Union. Practice head Elizabeth Young works with recently promoted Robert Webb, who is particularly active.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant