Simon Blackburn > Payne Hicks Beach LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Payne Hicks Beach LLP Offices
10 NEW SQUARE
- Go to...
Private Client - Landed Estates & Agriculture
Simon is Head of the Landed Estates and Agriculture Team. He advises UK and overseas buyers on all aspects of transacting and managing farms, estates and country houses and has been practising in the sector since qualification in 2009.
Simon regularly advises on the sale of land for development, in addition to helping clients to deal with manorial rights and rural rights of way, (public and private); he also has a strong background in dealing with issues arising under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 and unregistered land.
One of Simon’s specialisms is acting as an independent conveyancing solicitor in matrimonial proceedings for both residential and rural property where the parties cannot agree to instruct either of the firms representing the parties.
Qualified 2009, joined Payne Hicks Beach 2018, partner 2018.
Agricultural Law Association and Country Land and Business Association
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘incredibly efficient’ team at Payne Hicks Beach LLP works for the owners of over 50 landed estates varying in size from 750 acres to well over 30,000 acres many of which include houses and grounds that are open to the public. Head of department Simon Blackburn regularly advises on the sale of land for development and helps clients deal with manorial rights and rural rights of way. Robert Brodrick acts for the trustees and owners of landed estates on tax and estate planning matters primarily, while Rosamond McDowell’s practice spans both contentious and non-contentious estate planning, trust and probate work.
Emma Copestake leads the high-end residential property practice at Payne Hicks Beach LLP that frequently acts for international investors. It has a substantial number of Scandinavian, European, Middle Eastern and Far Eastern clients. The group also frequently works with its strong family department on various residential property matters such as advising on the property elements of financial orders and pre- and post-nuptial agreements. Other key areas of focus include advising its prime residential property clients on leasehold enfranchisement, lease extensions and collective acquisitions as well as working closely with its private client colleagues on a whole host of property related matters. Among the other names to note are Andrew Berry and Simon Blackburn .
- Leading individuals - London > Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Agriculture and estates - London > Private client
- Residential property - London > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Senior executives
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Employment > Immigration