Melanie Bridgen > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
- Go to...
Partner. Areas of practice include all areas of children law, including acting for parents, grandparents, children and others in: adoption; adoption breakdown; advocacy; care proceedings; complex children proceedings; special guardianship. Also specialises in international children issues, including: removal from jurisdiction; international child abduction; international adoption; international contact/residence disputes; wardship; inherent jurisdiction.
Previously partner at Smith Partnership; partner Nelsons 2013.
– Children Panel Accredited specialist;
– Law Society Family Law Panel (Advanced) – Accredited Specialist in both Children Law Private and Advice in and Conduct of Ancillary Relief Proceedings;
– Resolution Accredited Specialist (Domestic Violence);
– Member of Resolution (formerly Solicitors Family Law Association);
– Member of Derby & District Law Society Family Committee.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited has an experienced family and children law practice, and is noted for its strength in cases with an international element. The family team, which is led by practice head Kelvin Henderson, regularly advises high-net-worth individuals on financial relief cases. Melanie Bridgen, who heads up the children team, is experienced in complex children proceedings; this includes matters concerning international relocation, parental alienation and non-accidental injuries. Senior associate Gareth Protheroe is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector