Melanie Bridgen > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
- Go to...
Partner. Areas of practice include all areas of children law, including acting for parents, grandparents, children and others in: adoption; adoption breakdown; advocacy; care proceedings; complex children proceedings; special guardianship. Also specialises in international children issues, including: removal from jurisdiction; international child abduction; international adoption; international contact/residence disputes; wardship; inherent jurisdiction.
Previously partner at Smith Partnership; partner Nelsons 2013.
– Children Panel Accredited specialist;
– Law Society Family Law Panel (Advanced) – Accredited Specialist in both Children Law Private and Advice in and Conduct of Ancillary Relief Proceedings;
– Resolution Accredited Specialist (Domestic Violence);
– Member of Resolution (formerly Solicitors Family Law Association);
– Member of Derby & District Law Society Family Committee.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Midlands powerhouse Nelsons Solicitors Limited houses family law specialists in each of its three offices, led by Emma Davies (in Nottingham); Melanie Bridgen(Derby) and Glynis Wright (Leicester). The firm is particularly recommended for its capabilities in dealing with international children law cases, a specialism of Bridgen, as well as, surrogacy, unravelling trusts, complex business arrangements and divorce. ‘Outstanding‘ director Gayle Rowley has built up a specialisation in financial remedies and private children law.
- Family - East Midlands > Private client
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Private client > Family
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery