Emma Davies > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Partner. Emma specialises in family law cases and advises on divorce and financial settlements which involve complex issues and substantial assets.
Working closely with our personal injury team, Emma provides specialist advice on family matters to clients who have suffered a head or brain injury.
She also advises on pre and post nuptial agreements and separation agreements along with private law Children Act disputes. Emma is a qualified collaborative practitioner.
Her areas of experience include matrimonial law including divorce; financial remedy; civil partnership dissolution; collaborative law; pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements; separation agreements; parental responsbility; child arrangements; and prohibited steps orders and specific issue orders.
Trained Nottingham Family Law Associates; qualified 2008; Nelsons Solicitors 2009; Associate 2014; Partner 2016.
– Member of Resolution;
– Resolution Committee Member;
– Resolution Accredited Specialist in Complex Financial Remedies and Children Issues;
– Resolution Accredited Collaborative Practitioner
Hymers College, Hull; Nottingham Trent University (LLB 2003, 2:1); Nottingham Law School (LPC 2005, Commendation).
Midlands powerhouse Nelsons Solicitors Limited houses family law specialists in each of its three offices, led by Emma Davies (in Nottingham); Melanie Bridgen(Derby) and Glynis Wright (Leicester). The firm is particularly recommended for its capabilities in dealing with international children law cases, a specialism of Bridgen, as well as, surrogacy, unravelling trusts, complex business arrangements and divorce. ‘Outstanding‘ director Gayle Rowley has built up a specialisation in financial remedies and private children law.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery