Neil Davis > Mills & Reeve LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
24 KING WILLIAM STREET
- Go to...
Neil joined Mills & Reeve in 2000 and became a partner in 2004. Since 2008 Neil has led the London insurance and reinsurance team and in 2012, he became head of the firm’s national insurance group with responsibility for developing and delivering the firm’s strategy for this core sector. Neil’s own experience is principally in relation to professional negligence disputes and his particular areas of focus are in defending claims against solicitors and insurance brokers, where he is currently dealing with a number of substantial and complex claims. In addition, he has a growing practice defending professional negligence and breach of contract claims against IT companies. Neil has significant experience of advising on coverage issues. He is client partner for a number of the firm’s key clients including AIG, Allianz and WR Berkeley.
Trainee solicitor Clarkson, Wright & Jakes 1994-96; qualified 1996; solicitor Browne Jacobson 1996-2000; solicitor Mills & Reeve 2000-01; associate 2001-04; partner 2004 to date.
University of Birmingham (1993 LLB Hons Law).
Triathlons; skiing; spending time with his family.
Mills & Reeve LLP’s insurance sector group, led by Neil Davis, acts for insurers in political risk, construction and property claims, as well as cyber insurance matters. Other key contacts in the team include head of specialty Andrew Tobin, Michael Mitchell, who leads the property insurance team and Adrian Luto, who heads up the team advising surety clients.
Mills & Reeve LLP has strengths in defending complex claims against members of the construction, legal and financial professions. Neil Davis and Nicolas Oldham co-lead the team; Oldham is strong in the construction arena, with claims regarding cladding playing a prominent part of the practice, whilst Davis leads the technology and cyber team. Tom Filby has developed expertise in the recovery of funds stolen from professional services firms. Andrew Tobin and Eric France are also notable team members.
- Professional negligence - London > Insurance
- Insurance and reinsurance litigation - London > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Employment > Senior executives
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Asset based lending
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration