Claudia Gilham > Mills & Reeve LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 CITY SQUARE
- Go to...
- Advising on the financial consequences of relationship breakdown, commonly on complex cases involving business assets, farms, trusts and pensions
- Emotive and technically complex children work including those including domestic abuse, substance misuse and relocation
I am also a Consultant for Safe Lives providing training to solicitors, barristers and mediators on the impact of domestic abuse
Trained: Anthony Collins Solicitors
Qualified: 1 March 2012
I’ve worked for M&R for the last six years.
I resigned as a Trustee of IDAS in July of this year (2022). I had been in post for 7 years. IDAS is the largest domestic abuse charity in Yorkshire and the tenth largest in England. I was trained by domestic abuse practitioners regarding the impact of domestic abuse as part of my role. I was Chair of our Audit Committee in my final two years.
BA in Philosophy and Politics (2005) – University of York
LLB in Law (2008) University of Law
I am the Secretary/ Co-ordinator and play rugby for York Women’s RUFC
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The family offering at Mills & Reeve LLP in Leeds is led by Philip Way. The team boasts two collaborative family lawyers and one mediator. It works on a range of financial disputes, which are often multi-jurisdictional, involving pensions, trusts and marital agreements. In addition, it specialises in emotionally and technically complex children work, including child abduction, inter-country adoption and forced marriage matters. Notably, the team triumphed in the recent Court of Appeal case Re H-N & Others, which concerned domestic abuse – ‘star practitioner’ and ‘force of nature’ Claudia Gilham is a standout in the team. Further, the expertise across the wider firm allow clients to receive a well-rounded and holistic service.
- Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Private client
- Next Generation Partners - Yorkshire and the Humber > Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property