Philip Way > Mills & Reeve LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Mills & Reeve LLP Offices
1 CITY SQUARE
- Go to...
Family and matrimonial.
Work includes advising a wide range of individuals with complex financial and personal arrangements in relation to divorce; preparing pre-marital contracts; and advising trustees and beneficiaries as to the implications for them of divorce. Has extensive experience acting for a wide range of individuals in relation to the issues that arise on divorce and family breakdown. Acts for an equal number of husbands and wives. Clients or their spouses are usually either successful business people or professional people. Philip is able to represent clients in traditional court-based proceedings and is also an experienced Collaborative Family Lawyer and Mediator.
Trained Booth & Co, Leeds qualified 1992; Addleshaw Goddard (formerly Booth & Co) 1990-2008; partner 2001; partner Mills & Reeve 2008. Publications of note: ‘Humphreys’ Family Proceedings’; ‘Debt & Insolvency on Divorce’; ‘Pensions & Insurance on Divorce’; ‘Proceeds of Crime Act Special Bulletin’.
Resolution; Law Society and Fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
Silcoates School, Wakefield; Durham University (1998 BA Hons); College of Law, Guildford (1989 CPE; 1990 LPC).
Family, cars, gardening, reading.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
The family offering at Mills & Reeve LLP in Leeds is led by Philip Way. The team boasts two collaborative family lawyers and one mediator. It works on a range of financial disputes, which are often multi-jurisdictional, involving pensions, trusts and marital agreements. In addition, it specialises in emotionally and technically complex children work, including child abduction, inter-country adoption and forced marriage matters. Notably, the team triumphed in the recent Court of Appeal case Re H-N & Others, which concerned domestic abuse – ‘star practitioner’ and ‘force of nature’ Claudia Gilham is a standout in the team. Further, the expertise across the wider firm allow clients to receive a well-rounded and holistic service.
- Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Private client
- Hall of Fame - Yorkshire and the Humber > Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education
- Public sector > Health
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property