Kerry Fretwell > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
- Go to...
Kerry has been specialising in Family Law for nearly 30 years. Having qualified in 1993, she was made a partner at the top prestigious firm of Manches in London in 2002 and moved to Henley on Thames in Oxfordshire in 2004. Kerry has been privileged to head up the Penningtons Manches Cooper Reading family team for 12 years now, building it up to a legal 500 and Chambers rated team and developing and training many excellent family lawyers under her tutelage. Kerry is highly experienced in mid to high net worth family cases including Schedule One claims and children proceedings for both fathers and mothers. Kerry also has experience of leave to remove proceedings and advising on both pre and post nuptial contracts and cohabitation agreements. Kerry is also a collaborative lawyer and trained mediator. A tough negotiator when required, she is also empathetic and supportive to clients with good judgment. Kerry is ably assisted by her excellent team of Danielle Bentley, Hannah McCrindle, Poppy Holmes and Rebecca Holder.
Trained in Manches, qualified 1993, made a partner in 2002 in London. Kerry is a member of Resolution and enjoys running seminars, and writing articles particularly on no fault divorce in which she has taken an especial interest.
Peers School, Oxford; University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (History BA (Hons)); College of Law, Lancaster Gate (CPE, LSF).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s Thames Valley contingent is notable for having the bandwidth to handle a broad range 0f highly complex family law matters, especially those with a cross-border element or involving high-net-worth individuals. Co-head of practice Jane Mitchell is a key name for such matters, as a fellow of the International Family Law Association. Divorce specialist and renowned practitioner Kerry Fretwell serves as fellow co-head, specialising in negotiating financial settlements. Trained collaborative lawyer Ruth James rounds out the leadership team, focusing her practice on child disputes and high net-worth cases.
- Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 South East > Private client
- Leading individuals South East > Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery