Ruth James > Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP > Oxford, England > Lawyer Profile
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP Offices
9400 GARSINGTON ROAD
OXFORD BUSINESS PARK
- Go to...
Ruth is a partner and trained collaborative lawyer in the family law team in Oxford. She specialises in financial matters and disputes relating to arrangements for children. Acting for both married and unmarried clients, she regularly advises on cases involving international elements and complex financial arrangements. She also acts in cases where there are allegations of parental coercion or control.
Ruth is also particularly skilled in acting for business owners and executives, or their spouses, and advising where there are complex issues regarding company valuations and remuneration packages.
Trained Farrer & Co; qualified 2002; internship in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions departments of Gide Loyrette Nouel, Paris 1997-98; partner Manches LLP 2012.
Resolution; Oxfordshire Collaborative Family Law Group.
Holy Cross Sixth Form College Bury; Leeds University (1995 BA 2:1 (Hons) History); Pembroke College, Cambridge (1997 BA 2:1 (Hons) Law).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP‘s Thames Valley contingent is notable for having the bandwidth to handle a broad range 0f highly complex family law matters, especially those with a cross-border element or involving high-net-worth individuals. Co-head of practice Jane Mitchell is a key name for such matters, as a fellow of the International Family Law Association. Divorce specialist and renowned practitioner Kerry Fretwell serves as fellow co-head, specialising in negotiating financial settlements. Trained collaborative lawyer Ruth James rounds out the leadership team, focusing her practice on child disputes and high net-worth cases.
- Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40 South East > Private client
- Leading individuals South East > Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Employment > Employment: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Family: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Real estate > Social housing
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery