Alex Christen > Capital Law Limited > Cardiff, Wales > Lawyer Profile
Capital Law Limited Offices
- Go to...
Employment & Immigration
Alex is a Senior Associate in our Employment and Immigration team. She advises businesses and individuals on both employment disputes and transactional matters. She also provides corporate immigration advice.
Alex has worked with the Employment and Immigration team to support many businesses across a range of industries, including retail, recruitment, waste and the food and drink / hospitality sector. Alex advises on all areas of employment law but with a particular focus on Employment Tribunal litigation, employee exits, discipline and performance management, grievances, post termination restrictions, terms and conditions of employment and family friendly rights.
She also supports individuals throughout their employment, from reviewing their contracts, helping them to raise grievances and negotiating exits on their behalf.
Alex has over 6 years’ experience in providing businesses and individuals with immigration advice and has been mentioned in The Legal 500 for her calm and professional approach.
Alex regularly delivers training and workshops on a range of topics including tackling gender pay gaps, the Agency Worker Regulations, social media in the workplace and business immigration.
- Senior Associate, Capital Law Limited (May 2021 – present)
- Associate, Capital Law Limited (May 2018 – Apr 2021)
- Solicitor, Capital Law LLP (Oct 2011 – May 2018)
- Trainee Solicitor, Capital Law LLP (Oct 2009 – Oct 2011)
French and German (Basic)
The Law Society of England and Wales
Employment Lawyers’ Association
- Chartered Institute of Environmental Health Award in Training Principles and Practice: Level 1 (May 2015)
- University of Wales Aberystwyth: Master of Laws LLM, Information Technology Law
- University of Wales Aberystwyth: Bachelor of Laws LLB
Running, hiking, reading and travel
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Housed within the broader employment offering which is headed by Richard Thomas , Capital Law Limited provides ‘legally and commercially sound advice’ to both local and multinational companies on their business immigration concerns. The scope of this work is broad, running the gamut from compliance advice (including right to work audits), assisting companies become licensed sponsors, through to immigration due diligence on corporate transactions. Senior associate Alex Christen ‘goes the extra mile and provides solutions-oriented advice‘ to clients including on the implications of Brexit with regard to UK-bound migration of EU workers, and on issues arising during the pandemic, including advice on the permissibility of furloughing sponsored workers.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Recommended Firms
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector
- Real estate > Commercial property
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Social housing