Mr Alexander Premont > Hogan Lovells (Paris) LLP > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
Hogan Lovells (Paris) LLP Offices
17 AVENUE MATIGNON
- Go to...
Mr Alexander Premont
Alexander Premont regularly advises financial institutions, alternative credit providers, corporates and private equity sponsors on acquisition/leveraged financings (particularly in the insurance, hotel, and transportation industries), asset and insurance financings.
Alexander has a breadth of leverage product knowledge (including European and U.S. Term Loan B (TLB), covenant-lite, PIK, unitranche, super senior structures and pari high-yield bond transactions).
Alexander is regularly involved in a broad range of asset financings, representing banks, equity investors, lessors, and lessees. Asset sectors include aircraft/business-jets, ships/super-yachts, rail, other big ticket assets, and real estate.
Additionally, Alexander advises a number of banks and insurance market participants on finance facilities supporting their funds at Lloyd’s and other insurance/reinsurance financings. Alexander has been involved in the financing of several insurance M&A transactions and has developed extensive experience in the regulated area of insurance company financings.
Franco – British Lawyers Society
LL.B (Hons), Sheffield Hallam University, 2005; L.P.C., Inns of Court School of Law, London; Masters, University of Paris XII
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Hogan Lovells (Paris) LLP‘s ‘dynamic, dedicated, responsive’ team is a sought-after counsel for numerous leading financial institutions. Its expertise encompasses export credit agency-supported financings, acquisition financing and disposal of individual or aircraft portfolios. Other work includes advising on on commercial and tax-based financings, Islamic financings, pre-delivery payment financings, and securitisations, often with an international element. Alexander Premont is the head of the practice. Alexandre Salem and Guergana Zabounova are also noted.
‘One of the most renowned practices on the market’ for financing, Hogan Lovells (Paris) LLP has an excellent track record advising on the financing of individual vessels or portfolios of vessels, of large corporate acquisitions and restructuring matters. Acting for leading international banks in shipping finance as well as for market-leading operators, the firm handles a diverse range of financing work. Practice head Alexander Premont is lauded for his ‘in-depth technical knowledge’ in asset financing.
At Hogan Lovells (Paris) LLP, the team is praised for its ‘expertise in both English and French law (which) makes it one of the most versatile teams for international investment’. It works closely with the firm’s capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, and financial services litigation groups. As part of its broad offering, the group is active in leveraged and acquisition finance, corporate finance and project finance. It typically advises leading financial institutions, alternative lenders and sponsors. The department is jointly led by Sabine Bironneau and Alexander Premont. Luc Bontoux made of counsel in January 2022.
- Leading individuals - France > Aviation finance
- Leading individuals - France > Shipping finance
- Aviation finance - France
- Shipping finance - France
- Banking and finance: transactional work - France
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Aviation finance
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Capital markets: debt capital markets
- Data privacy and data protection
- Derivatives and structured finance
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Dispute resolution: Stock market litigation
- EU, competition and distribution
- Industry focus: Healthcare and life sciences
- Industry focus: Luxury goods
- Intellectual property: Patents
- Intellectual property: Trade marks and designs
- Private equity: LBO
- Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Shipping finance
- Administrative and public law
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Industry focus: Energy
- Intellectual property: Copyright
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Project finance
- Dispute resolution: International arbitration
- Dispute resolution: White-collar crime
- Real estate
- Private equity: venture/growth capital