Oliver Phipps > Lester Aldridge LLP > Bournemouth, England > Lawyer Profile
Lester Aldridge LLP Offices
- Go to...
International Private Client
Oliver Phipps is a Partner & Head of the International Private Client team.
Oliver Phipps specialises in probate with a particular focus on the administration of estates with assets located in multiple jurisdictions. To complement his specialism, Oliver is a practising notary public, which enhances the understanding of private international law issues between common law and civil law jurisdictions.As well as dealing with international estates, Oliver regularly prepares wills for individuals resident outside of England and advises on UK inheritance tax exposure for individuals domiciled outside of the UK.
Oliver has administered estates with assets located in a wide variety of jurisdictions throughout Europe. Beyond Europe, examples of jurisdictions that Oliver regularly deals with include: South Africa, USA, Canada and Singapore.
With Lester Aldridge since being a trainee solicitor
-Member of the Notaries Society
-With a large client base in South Africa, Oliver is a Member of the Fiduciary Institute of South Africa for whom he regularly conducts presentations and has articles published.
University College London: Postgraduate diploma in notarial practice
University of the West of England: Postgraduate diploma in legal practice
Bournemouth University: Degree in Law – 1st class with honours
Lester Aldridge LLP is known for its specialisms in international estate matters and inheritance tax and capital gains tax planning advice. Other strengths include Court of Protection work and trust administration. Kurt Lee, Oliver Phipps and Richard Fairbairn jointly lead the private client team. Paula Shea departed for Blake Morgan LLP in March 2019.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Real estate > Commercial property: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Employment: Dorset, Devon and Cornwall
- Employment > Health and safety
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant