James Ward > Kingsley Napley LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Kingsley Napley LLP Offices
14 ST JOHN'S LANE
- Go to...
James heads the Private Client team at Kingsley Napley. He has extensive experience advising families and individuals on wealth protection and tax mitigation. He is adept at managing the succession planning through the generations and often acts for parents, children and grandchildren to facilitate the best results. Often his clients will have international connections; whether they own overseas property or have recently arrived or invested in the UK, or are long term residents who are still non-UK domiciled. He specialises in giving advice on UK tax for these international clients or working closely with accountants on key areas such as UK inheritance tax and UK capital gains tax. James has a broad client base covering people just across the road or located on the other side of the world. He is just as comfortable dealing with the private affairs of a CEO of a multinational business or person in the public eye as he is dealing with a vulnerable elderly client with tricky family dynamics.
James is regularly asked to comment in the media, give lectures and provide thought leadership on private client matters.
The Law Society; Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Kingsley Napley LLP acts for a raft of politicians, sports and media celebrities, and business people. Team head James Ward is a full member of STEP and is particularly skilled in cross-border and digital asset matters. Jim Sawer is a leading practitioner in the domestic and international tax and trusts arena. He heads the UAE service and is a registered wills draftsman in the Dubai International Financial Centre’s Wills and Probate Registry, and therefore is authorised to draft and advise on DIFC-compliant wills.
- Leading individuals - London > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Senior executives
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Health and safety
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Employment > Immigration