Sion Kingston > Irwin Mitchell > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
2 WELLINGTON PLACE
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Personal legal services.
Sion is Lead Partner (Head of Department) and Head of Serious Injury in Leeds, comprising of the Neuro Trauma, National CICA, Polytrauma and Multi-Track Motor teams. Qualifying in 1994, Sion has spent his career at IM undertaking a diverse range of roles, from working in Pannone Napier, the firm’s then Multi-Party Litigation Team, which involved working on a number of high profile cases including: Benzodiazepine; Camelford Water Pollution; Herald of Free Enterprise; The Marchioness Ferry Boat Disaster; and Kegworth Air crash, to working on individual high value PI claims including spinal cord and brain injury. He developed a specialism in claims involving injured members of the Armed Forces and headed-up the firm’s MOD team from 2000-2005.
Since moving to Leeds in 2005, Sion has specialised in polytrauma cases, involving amputation(s), spinal cord injury and brain injury.
His work frequently involves difficult and complex liability and causation issues and often involves taking over cases from other firms.
He has also built an expertise in dealing with claims involving the elderly and the complexities of the interplay between accident injuries and comorbid conditions that lead to relatively modest injury drastically impacting on independence in later life.
Sion sits on the National Serious Injury Executive and is involved in various projects designed to improve the delivery of services to clients. Sion is also responsible for the national PI barrister panel.
Trained Irwin Mitchell; qualified 1994; partner 2000; headed firm’s MOD team specialising in acting on behalf of injured military personnel 2000-2005.
Tapton School, Sheffield; University of Essex (1990 2(2)); College of Law, York (1992 First Class Hons).
Family, running, cinema, travel, clay pigeon shooting.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
Irwin Mitchell is ‘the best in the business for looking after clients, on both a human and a legal level’. Based in Sheffield, Julianne Moore co-leads the medical negligence practice with Sarah Coles in Leeds. The group has extensive experience handling the gamut of complex, high value negligence claims, specialising in birth injury, spinal injury and amputation cases. The team includes Rachelle Mahapatra, Rachel Roach, Tom Mather, Sarah Rowland and Tim Annett, who work together to provide ‘an excellent and highly personal service’. Adrian Budgen and Sion Kingston jointly lead the personal injury practices in Sheffield and Leeds, respectively. The firm continues to be highly regarded for asbestos disease cases, with Ian Toft noted for his work relating to immunotherapy. The Yorkshire team has a substantial number of APIL accredited specialists, including Rachael Aram and Louise Jenkins . Carolyn Heaton is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms