Rachael Aram > Irwin Mitchell > Sheffield, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
- Go to...
Rachael is head of one of three serious injury teams in the Sheffield office, and is head of spinal injuries for the Sheffield office. She runs a team of solicitors specialising in brain and spinal cord injury work for all work types, such as road traffic collisions, work place accidents and occupiers and public liability cases.
Trained Lanyon Bowdler Solicitors, Shropshire; qualified 2001; serious injury team specialising in brain and spinal cord injury Irwin Mitchell LLP 2002 to date; associate solicitor 2007; partner 2013. Publications of note: ‘Presenting evidence of Neuro executive function deficit at Trial’, Dr Nicolas Priestley, Dr David Manchester and Rachael Aram, JPIL (December 2013 edition).
Law Society; accredited senior litigator APIL, special accreditation by APIL as a brain injury specialist and a spinal cord injury specialist – the only lawyer in South Yorkshire to do so; a trustee and company secretary of Headway Rotherham from 2003-13.
The Dronfield School; Collingwood College, Durham University (1997 LLB Hon); College of Law, York (1998).
Tennis (playing and watching), cinema, cooking and baking.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Personal Injury)
Irwin Mitchell is ‘the best in the business for looking after clients, on both a human and a legal level’. Based in Sheffield, Julianne Moore co-leads the medical negligence practice with Sarah Coles in Leeds. The group has extensive experience handling the gamut of complex, high value negligence claims, specialising in birth injury, spinal injury and amputation cases. The team includes Rachelle Mahapatra, Rachel Roach, Tom Mather, Sarah Rowland and Tim Annett, who work together to provide ‘an excellent and highly personal service’. Adrian Budgen and Sion Kingston jointly lead the personal injury practices in Sheffield and Leeds, respectively. The firm continues to be highly regarded for asbestos disease cases, with Ian Toft noted for his work relating to immunotherapy. The Yorkshire team has a substantial number of APIL accredited specialists, including Rachael Aram and Louise Jenkins . Carolyn Heaton is also recommended.
- Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance
- Leading individuals: Personal Injury - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence and personal injury: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family: elsewhere in Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms