Steven Green > Irwin Mitchell > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Irwin Mitchell Offices
One St Peter’s Square
- Go to...
Personal legal services – costs.
Partner and head of costs team. The Irwin Mitchell costs team is recognised as the largest in-house team in the country, with 90 personnel. All areas of costs work are undertaken, although Steven specialises in recovering costs in high-value personal injury cases. He is a regular advocate in courts at detailed assessment hearings and at costs and case management hearings. He is a regular speaker at conferences on the issues of costs and funding of civil litigation.
DLA Piper 1996-1999; Irwin Mitchell 1999 to date; partner since 2007. Publications of note: ‘Condition Fees’ (3rd edition – Law Society publication).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Individuals)
‘Leading light’ Steven Green heads up the costs management team at Irwin Mitchell, which excels in serious injury and clinical negligence claims, commercial litigation, and family and Court of Protection work. Beyond costs litigation, the group also advises on contractual issues, the preparation of budgets and cost recovery matters. Clients also praise associate David Wright as ‘outstanding’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property