Simon Baigent > Freeths LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
ONE COLTON SQUARE
- Go to...
Insolvency and corporate recovery.
Partner specialising in all aspects of corporate recovery and insolvency work. Particular emphasis on turnaround/distressed M&A work and investigatory work. Clients include insolvency practitioners, banks, asset-based lenders, factors and other financial institutions. He also works alongside directors and accountancy practices to provide practical and commercial solutions to implement the most appropriate recovery/restructuring strategies.
Trained at Barradales, qualifying in 1993. Joined Freeths LLP in 1996. Partner 2001.
Association of Business Recovery Professionals (member of the Midlands R3 Committee), Turnaround Management Association.
Leicester Grammar School; De Montfort University; College of Law, Chester.
Self confessed sport and fitness fanatic. After playing Rugby for many years he is now a keen triathlete. He has completed Ironman Switzerland (2008) and Ironman Barcelona; supports Leicester Tigers RFC.
Freeths LLP’s commercial litigation team acts for a broad variety of local, national and international clients with noteworthy names coming from the food, energy and retail sectors. Clients are represented in a variety of contentious matters which range from breach of director’s duties, shareholder and partnership disputes to contractual disputes, professional negligence claims as well as judicial reviews and procurement challenges. Practice head Mukesh Patel frequently acts for clients from the food and energy sectors and is noted for his ‘technical competence and commercial view’. Emma Anderson is experienced in all types of commercial disputes acting for clients from local enterprises to publicly listed corporations. Simon Baigent has a specialisation in disputes relating to restructurings and insolvencies, also an area of expertise of managing associate Richard Fitzmaurice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate