Paul Tomkins > Freeths LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Freeths LLP Offices
80 MOUNT STREET
- Go to...
Real estate litigation.
Partner in real estate litigation team dealing with all types of property disputes, ranging from disputed break notices to dilapidations to lease renewals to tenant insolvency advice. Clients comment that Paul’s advice “often brings a different angle to some of the more traditional advice provided” and that “having Paul Tomkins on your side is invaluable, he brings astuteness, clarityof thought and an awareness of client needs second to none”.
Trained Freeths LLP September 2003-July 2005; qualified 2005; solicitor Freeths July 2005-September 2008; associate Freeths September 2008-September 2010; senior associate Freeths September 2010-2012; partner Freeths 2012 to date.
Property Litigation Association.
Toot Hill Comprehensive School, Bingham, Notts; University of East Anglia (LLB Law, German Law and German Language 2(1)); College of Law, Birmingham (LPC – distinction).
Skiing, travel, wine.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Freeths LLP‘s ‘responsive and pragmatic’ team, which is based in Nottingham and Leicester, handles property disputes involving breaches of lease covenants, adverse possession, forfeiture and professional indemnity, among other areas. In Nottingham, Paul Tomkins‘ broad expertise includes service charges disputes, contested lease renewals and dilapidation claims. Simon Baigent, who is based in Leicester, represents real estate clients in various disputes. He also advises insolvent businesses and insolvency practitioners on their property portfolios. Edward Pickard is another key member of the team in Nottingham.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - East Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment