Matthew Potter > Howes Percival LLP > Cambridge, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
13/15 HILLS ROAD
- Go to...
Matthew has a wealth of experience in all areas of employment law both litigation and advisory. Matthew provides commercial solutions for employers with particular experience of large scale TUPE transfers in both the private and public sectors; restructures; employment tribunal litigation and High Court injunctions.
Matthew writes and presents frequently on employment law issues providing updates and training to clients.
He recognised by both Chambers and Legal 500 as a leader in his field.
Matthew joined Howes Percival in 2017 as a Partner having previous headed teams in the Eastern Region. In addition to his employment practice, he is also a school governor and trustee of an independent school and a member of the advisory board to a regional theatre company.
2017 – Partner, Howes Percival
2011 – 2017 Partner, Birketts
2000 – 2011 Partner, Ashton Graham.
1996 – 2000 Solicitor, Ashton Graham
1994 – 1996 Trainee, Graham and Oldham
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Howes Percival LLP provides ‘a full comprehensive range of legal services with the added value of sound, commercial advice‘. The firm has a substantial respondent-based Employment Tribunal practice and also provides day-to-day advice on HR matters. ‘I have the greatest confidence in their employment team to solve any issues we might have‘, remarks one client. The ‘ knowledgeable, resourceful and always responsive‘ Matthew Potter in Cambridge is the lead partner and he has extensive experience in board-level disputes and exits. Legal director Laura Brown in Norwich joined from Birketts LLP to add experience in domestic and cross-border matters in the leisure, technology, education, energy and renewables, motor, manufacturing and food sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family