Laura Brown > Howes Percival LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
1 BEDDING LANE
- Go to...
Laura is a Director in our employment law team and joined the firm in 2021.
Laura advises a variety of clients (ranging from international groups to smaller start-ups) within various industries including technology, education, energy and renewables, motor, manufacturing and food sectors.
Laura works closely with HR Professionals, managers and owners of businesses to:
• ensure that employment documentation is fit for purpose;
• guide businesses through complex employment law processes;
• support clients with major changes which will impact on staff, such as restructure and redundancy;
• deal with issues on termination of employment including confidentiality and restrictive covenants;
• assist on transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions and in/outsourcing (TUPE)
Laura also has extensive experience in contentious matters including tribunal litigation, settlement agreements, bonus disputes, discrimination and equality, complex grievances and restrictive covenants.
Laura is regularly hosting and presenting at events and has been praised for her training she offers to clients on employment law topics such as equality and diversity, management, investigating and modern slavery).
Clients refer to Laura as being “professional” and “approachable” who “blends legislation, best practice and commerciality”.
Laura is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
- 2021 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Director
- 2018 – 2021: Birketts LLP, Senior Associate
- 2013 – 2018: Birketts LLP, Associate
- 2009 – 2013: Birketts LLP, Solicitor
- 2006 – 2009: Fosters LLP / Birketts LLP, Paralegal / Trainee Solicitor
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Howes Percival LLP provides ‘a full comprehensive range of legal services with the added value of sound, commercial advice‘. The firm has a substantial respondent-based Employment Tribunal practice and also provides day-to-day advice on HR matters. ‘I have the greatest confidence in their employment team to solve any issues we might have‘, remarks one client. The ‘ knowledgeable, resourceful and always responsive‘ Matthew Potter in Cambridge is the lead partner and he has extensive experience in board-level disputes and exits. Legal director Laura Brown in Norwich joined from Birketts LLP to add experience in domestic and cross-border matters in the leisure, technology, education, energy and renewables, motor, manufacturing and food sectors.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Employment > Employment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family