Andrew Harris > Howes Percival LLP > Milton Keynes, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
FIRST FLOOR, BELL HOUSE, SEEBECK PLACE
- Go to...
Corporate, Commercial and Banking
Andy is a partner in the Milton Keynes Corporate Team, having recently re-joined the firm after 12 years as a partner at international law firm Dentons. He has deep experience in transactional M&A, private equity, and reorganisations for businesses across a variety of sectors, and several client relationships that go back 10-20 years.
Ranked in Legal 500 2019’s “Hall of Fame”, he also “has a great depth of experience in M & A transactions and private equity investments and a client endorses him as “a very pragmatic individual who gets to the point and ensures commercial solutions are reached without elongated legal negotiations” (Chambers 2019).
Andy was for 5 years the Group Legal Director with a fully-listed public company manufacturer with an international footprint, leading the group’s acquisition and disposal programmes. This broadened his experience and taught him valuable lessons in how to look at things practically from the client’s perspective, and also to consider issues in the context of the wider business.
Andy has been a trustee of local charity, MK SNAP, which helps adults with learning difficulties to live as independently as possible, since 2013.
- 2020: Partner, Howes Percival
- 2013 – present: Trustee of MK SNAP
- 2008-2020: Partner and Head of Corporate (Milton Keynes), (and 2014-19 Managing Partner of the Milton Keynes Office), Dentons
- 1999-2008: Partner, Howes Percival
- 1995-1999: Company Secretary (Group Legal Director 1999), Powerscreen International PLC
- 1988-1995: Solicitor (1988-92), Associate (1992-3), Senior Associate (1993-5), Eversheds (Birmingham)
- 1986-1988: Articled Clerk, Eversheds Birmingham
- 1985-6: Guildford College of Law
- 1982-5: University of Birmingham
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The corporate team at Howes Percival LLP are well known for their expertise across the automotive, healthcare and not-for-profit sectors. The team regularly handles restructuring matters, acquisitions and disposals for a range of large multinational corporates and owner-managed businesses. Andrew Harris heads the corporate, commercial and banking team with support from Paula Dumbill who is experienced in commercial matters such as outsourcing and joint venture mandates.
- Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx - South East > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Beds, Bucks, Herts, Middx