Paula Dumbill > Howes Percival LLP > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Howes Percival LLP Offices
3 THE OSIERS BUSINESS CENTRE
- Go to...
Corporate, Commercial & Banking
Paula is an experienced commercial contracts and information technology specialist with particular expertise in advising on complex projects. She has a wealth of experience of commercial trading arrangements across a broad range of sectors and has a keen interest in innovation and technology.
Paula is recognised as a ‘leading individual’ in Legal 500 (2021) and is noted to be ‘calm and considerate with a brilliant eye for drafting’.
Before joining Howes Percival, Paula was a partner at Browne Jacobson solicitors where she was head of the commercial team in the East Midlands and lead health tech partner.
2021 – Present: Howes Percival LLP, Partner
2010 – 2021: Browne Jacobson LLP, Partner
2001 – 2010: Browne Jacobson LLP, Solicitor
1999 – 2001: Browne Jacobson LLP, Trainee
1998 – 1999: Browne Jacobson LLP: Paralegal
The corporate team at Howes Percival LLP are well known for their expertise across the automotive, healthcare and not-for-profit sectors. The team regularly handles restructuring matters, acquisitions and disposals for a range of large multinational corporates and owner-managed businesses. Andrew Harris heads the corporate, commercial and banking team with support from Paula Dumbill who is experienced in commercial matters such as outsourcing and joint venture mandates.
Howes Percival LLP continues to build its bench strength following Paula Dumbill ‘s recruitment last year, with the addition Chris White, who joined from Dentons; he likewise has a broad practice spanning hardware procurement, SaaS/PaaS agreements, and licensing, among other areas. The practice is co-led by litigator Matthew Talbot and Hannah Steggles .
Howes Percival LLP continues to invest and grow its corporate and commercial practice, recruiting Leicester-based Paula Dumbill from Browne Jacobson LLP in June 2021 to head its commercial practice. Matthew Thompson was also promoted to lead its Northampton corporate team and the team has also added a number of senior associates to further bolster its bench strength in M&A, commercial contracts and technology. Other key sectors include automotive, food and drink, healthcare and manufacturing. Jahid Ali heads the corporate department, specialising in venture capital and private equity transactions while Oliver Brookshaw is experienced in public company work. Gerald Couldrake is another key Northampton-based partner.
- Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- IT and telecoms - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Employment > Employment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Property litigation