Lois Langton > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Lois Langton is a family law specialist assisting clients with all aspects of family work. She is Head of Family Law at Howard Kennedy.
Acting for a number of high-profile and high-net-worth individuals, Lois has a particular expertise in dealing with complex financial remedy work involving multi-million pound matrimonial settlements.
Her work regularly involves tax, trust, off-shore, and corporate structures, with high-end divorce and financial remedy cases and pre- and post-nuptial agreements being the work Lois most frequently undertakes. She also advises on cohabitation, separation, and children matters (including adoption and surrogacy).
Lois jointly heads the firm’s Sport sector team and acts for and advises a number of individuals associated with the sports industry. In addition, Lois is part of the Private Wealth sector team. There is a frequent overlap between her roles across the Family, Sport, and Private Wealth teams.
Lois is a member of Resolution, Women In Football, the China Britain Business Council, and the 48 Group.
Trained Finers Stephens Innocent; qualified: 2001; partner HowardKennedyFsi 2012.
Resolution, Women In Football, the China Britain Business Council, and the 48 Group.
University College London (LLB 2(1)).
Season ticket holder (home and away) at Arsenal; chair of the Arsenal Independent Supporters’ Association; other interests include ballet.
Howard Kennedy LLP advises governing bodies, clubs, agencies and other sports organisations on governance issues, strategic acquisitions and disposals, merchandising and endorsement rights, and commercial contracts. The firm also acts for sporting individuals on personal private matters and has developed a burgeoning esports practice. Department lead Lois Langton, also head of family law, is recognised for her work in football. Co-head Fiona Hinds deals with sports-related disputes and investigations.
Lois Langton leads a first-class team at Howard Kennedy LLP that excels in representing high-net-worth clients such as entrepreneurs, City workers as well as sports and media personalities. It advises on the full range of family matters. Langton is recommended for her complex financial remedy work in particular. Nina Lake has strong expertise in matrimonial and child-related disputes. Alan Kaufman is a collaborative lawyer and mediator too.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport